I had a moment !
Yesterday I had a moment where i felt so vulnerable and exposed it was sad..I've done somethings with someone I regret...and i'm very thankful it went no further. But I prayed about it and it's all resolved in my heart and I handed that burden over to God. In several conversations I've had with God this week...I saw converse because I don't pray I lay in my bed and I just talk and let go of what's bothering me. Sometimes we don't need the answers..rather they are sent to us. I realized that this thing I have is like a lil scab I keep picking at and I wont let it heal because i keep picking..well i'm ready for it to heal and scab over and fall over :) I hung out with a few friends last night and got my hair washed...nothing like washing ya troubles away.... laughed and hung out for a minute. When I got in the house I had to retwist my hair...I had a hand full of hair in my hair..smelling good...but for a minute i thought about getting my scissors and cutting them..This has been on my mind for sometime now..I feel they are outgrowing me..overshadowing me..like when people think about me they think..how beautiful my locs are....but i didnt cut them I did my maintenance and got in the bed..and had my talk with God. *sigh "Can it that it was oh, so simple then?" I'm not complaining at all..I love my life but it has it's patches...In true form i'll be fine in a few days... :)

I remember going to this blog that I used to frequent, and I came across some pics from a weekend picnic that was held in Atlanta by some OK type peeps. And on some of those pics was this beautiful brown skinned sista, with the strangest looking, but the most beautiful locs that I have ever seen. This sista with this wide, infectious, and pretty smile had some pink and burgundy shit in her head, and she was absolutely rocking the hell out of them! As I'm sure you know friend that that person is you, and I suppose that, yes, people do know you by your locs. That’s the first impression I have of you, and it's a good one. Would you rather be known as the chic who slept with 4 guys in one night or something? I thought so! J But seriously, your hair is beautiful Sha. Your hair is beautiful the way that most people want their locs, but are never able to get them. Trimming them is fine, but don't cut them. I suppose that everybody with locs goes through this, as I did, but mines was just forming. I know after years of nurturing them that I wouldn't cut them off. I mean, if you cut them, then what?
I think all of us have regrets my friend, I know I do. We all have done things that we wish we haven't. I don't know, the nick of time, heat of the moment, not thinking clearly… The easiest thing to do is just what you have done, move on. When you give things power that is when things overwhelm you.
Posted by
Sin(ere |
4:18 PM